Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Getting Started

I have had several people tell me that I need to start a blog about my art. I have resisted for 2 years, but out of necessity I am caving to peer pressure. So here it is.  Now all you people who keeping pestering me to know what I am doing with all the weird stuff I keep telling you about on Facebook, have a place to go and read about all my creations and shows and adventures. Speaking of shows, the reason I am never on Facebook anymore is I am going crazy preparing for my Branches Barn sale. You'll hear me talk about it a lot, as it's all I ever think about right now.

So as far as being an artist goes, I should probably tell you about myself. The best place to read about me as an artist is in an article recently published on Patch.com . They interviewed me in August and came to my basement studio and asked all kinds of questions and let me ramble on about my art-based experiences and philosophies. And they wanted to see everything, absolutely everything I had ever made (at least in recent history) Do you have any idea how awesome it is to able to spend an hour telling a complete stranger everything you can think of about yourself as an artist? It was heaven.  Here's the link: http://annandale.patch.com/articles/capturing-the-moment-with-cm-shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment